You choose how much time you wish to take and what you do. Just follow the activity’s directions, and away you go.
DemiCon 29 will have:
- Cardio Loop
- Let’s Color
- One of My Favorite DemiCon Costumes
- Origami Paper Crane Folding
- Play-To-Win Special Events
- Scavenger Hunt
- Bobble Head Hide
- Tadao and Bill Nye Double Trouble
You say you want a way to start exercising? Or perhaps you are missing your regular workout because you are at the Con? We have the solution for you — the DemiCon Cardio Loop!
The Cardio Loop is operational the entire weekend (until Sunday at noon), and is an “at your own pace” activity. Simply go to the Hub to sign up, find the stairwell, and start climbing those stairs! Climb to the 5th floor, walk down the hallway, and descend on the other side. Return to your starting point and you have made one loop!
Make as may loops at you want, and when you’re finished, return to the Hub to pick up your “I survived the DemiCon Cardio Loop” button. There is a place on the button to record the number of loops you completed.
Remember, each journey starts with a single step, and you can start that journey and keep it going here!
There will be coloring books and crayons for children and adults to check out from the Hub. Let the stress flow away with every page you color.
My Favorite DemiCon Costume
There are some amazing costumes at DemiCon and sometimes you want to show your appreciation. This year take a couple of the cards provided at the Hub and hand them out to those whose costumes you love. Maybe write a “LOVE IT” note on the back of the card.
The recipients can take these cards and put them on a safety pin or lanyard hooks to wear them around. The more each person gets, the cooler it looks and fans out.
These cards are located in the Hub at the bottoms of the curvy stairs.
Origami Paper Crane Folding
Help us create a vignette for DemiCon 30 by folding paper cranes. We are half way there to 1000!
We are working on a 1000 Crane Pagoda and you are welcome to help us. There will be directions telling you how.
Orgami paper will be made available.
When you are done folding your cranes just bring them back and place in the box that will be located in the Hub.
Play To Win Games
We have some great games that have been donated by some gaming fans and gaming businesses for this year’s Play-To-Win:
- Donated by Overworld Games:
- Leaders of Euphoria
- Donated by Looney Labs:
- Chemistry Fluxx
- Retro Loonacy
The Play-to-Win event is held throughout the convention. Groups are encouraged to check out the Play-to-Win games, and when a round of play is completed, pass the game on to the next group of players. Then everyone who played, put your name (with badge number) in a drawing at the end of the convention to win the game. You must be present at the DemiCon Closing Ceremonies to win.
This is a great way to try out some new games on the market and maybe take it home with you.
- Check out the game of your choice from the Hub, located at the bottom of the curvy stairs lower level.
- Put your name and badge number on the sheet to check it out.
- Play the game. Return the game to the Hub.
- Everyone that played the game can put their name and badge number down on the sheet provided. (PLEASE put your name down, it could be yours) If you play the game more than once, put your names down again.
- Those list of names will be placed in a drawing.
- Show up at closing ceremonies. You must be present to win the game you played.
- Most of all – HAVE FUN!
DemiCon Scavenger Hunt
This is an at-your-own-pace photo scavenger hunt that goes throughout the entire DemiCon weekend. To participate one person per team will need a Facebook account and a smart phone that takes pictures connected to that account.
Rules for DemiCon 29 Scavenger Hunt Rules can be added or changed by the scavenger hunt director until the May 3, 2018.
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/DemiConHunt/ and become part of the group. You will confirmed by Amanda Arthur-Struss. You can join the group anytime – just don’t expect to get confirmed at 2 a.m. the morning of the convention.
- Pick up the list of picture/video possibilities located in the HUB any time during the weekend or on the Facebook page that will have the list uploaded on Friday morning of the convention (May 4th).
- Come up with an awesome team name for your group, take a picture of your whole team (think selfie), and post that picture with your team name to https://www.facebook.com/groups/DemiConHunt/. It is asked that you take this picture as soon as you start and post it so you can be kept track of by the organizer.
- Take pictures/video with a smart phone throughout the weekend. At least three pictures/videos (including Team selfies) have to be posted to https://www.facebook.com/groups/DemiConHunt/ to be considered participating.
- At least one of the team members must be in the pictures with the item/people/event. It can be a different team member(s) each time.
- Post pictures/video online at https://www.facebook.com/groups/DemiConHunt/. Please try to keep any videos under 30 seconds, with maximum length no longer than 60 seconds.
- Put your team’s name and picture/video number with your pictures when posting and use #DemiCon29 to share. Example – *#2 Picture of Tardis*. Put in description section -Team Z, Photo 2 #DemiCon 29.
- Keep pictures/video PG. This Facebook group is open to all.
- All pictures/video must be posted to https://www.facebook.com/groups/DemiConHunt/ by 9 am Sunday morning (May 6th) of the convention.
- At closing ceremonies, all teams that upload criteria/pictures/video online will be announced and will receive a prize. At least one person from a team must attend the closing ceremonies to receive the prize.
- Have fun!
Bobble Head Hide
It is still called Bobble Head Hide but this year is not a bobble head. It is a Cheshire Cat figurine and he needs no bobble. During the weekend Cheshire Cat will be at certain places and you must figure out the “down the rabbit hole” clues to find his location. Once you find him take a selfie with him at the location, post it to the Facebook group with your name and bring him back to the Hub. You can join the fun as an individual or team but must be part of the Facebook group to participate. THERE IS A LIMIT THIS YEAR ON TEAM SIZE. Up to FIVE per team. The person/team that find Cheshire Cat the most takes him home. Sign up today at https://www.facebook.com/groups/DemiConHide/.
- Take a Selfie of your Team – a Team can be an individual or a group. Limit of 5 people per team. Post it on the Facebook page with your “team” name. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DemiConHide/
- A clue will be posted when it is time to start looking.
- If the bobble head is not found in a hour, another clue will be added. This will continue until the bobble head is found or the clue givers goes to bed and starts the clues the next day. (You will be told)
- When found take a selfie with the figurine at the location, post it on the page with your team name – https://www.facebook.com/groups/DemiConHide/
- Take the bobble head back to the Hub and wait for the next clue.
Tadao and Bill Nye Double Trouble
Take Tadao or Bill Nye Doubles out around DemiCon. We can’t have the real ones here but these cardboard cuts outs can be just as fun.
- Come to the Hub in the lower level.
- Write your name and badge number down on the sign out pages when taking out Tadao’s and/or Bill Nye’s Double.
- Sign out Tadao and/or Bill in 30 minute time slots.
- Treat the cardboard cut out kindly.
In other words…
- Do not feed or pour drinks over Tadao or Bill.
- Do not take Tadao or Bill swimming.
- Do not steal Tadao or Bill.
- Do not knock off Tadao’s or Bill’s head as you walk through doorways.
- We like Tadao and Bill and want to keep them around and in as good of shape as we possibly can.
- The Hub attendees have the right to refuse Tadao or Bill being taking out by those who have imbibed to much and may put Tadao or Bill in a harmful situation.
- Take pictures of Tadao and Bill. Share them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or your favorite social media site using #whereistadaoandbill and #DemiCon29. Please also post them to our Facebook group: facebook.com/groups/DemiCon/. We will see if we can figure out where Tadao or Bill is located.
- Keep online photos PG.
- Return Tadao and Bill when your time is up.